Friday, 9 September 2011

Let's Get Shabby Challenge #27

Over at...
...is to be inspired by one of the fabulous product images in the current Sponsor
Kris' 
 Etsy Shop
Now If you haven't already visited TallulahBelles
 It's Doily Heaven !!
(...from personal experience, Kris gives exceptional service and communication
and super fast shipping all the way from Australia)
-oOo-
So I was inspired by these little beauties...
 
(Downton Vintage Hand Dyed Doilies To Delight DELUXE)

It was mainly the colours that inspired me...
Now, I was intending on creating a scrappy layout...
...but this little grey vintage style babies dress
(another 20p boot sale (flea market) bargain !)
...was just begging to be altered in an array of greys, blues and creams !!
So, from this....

to this....
(click on pics for a better peek )
Lots of lovely doilies, lace, pins..

...some fabric and stitching
charms, beads and vintage buttons...
frozen charlotte dolly, netting and yoyo's
and an  altered  little tag
My shabby altered dress - wall hanging
-oOo-
 Thanks for Looking
Jan x


Don't forget to pop over to
 for some Fabby Shabby Inspiration!

19 comments:

Georgie Horn said...

How pretty! I love the little grey dress!

Unknown said...

Your shabby project here is breathtaking.. Everything about it is wonderful.. Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I love this altered dress! It's just as great as your last one and I would love to see more! Just beautiful. Thank you too for the doily link, I can't find doilies around here.

Sherry said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Oh Jan, this is just such a beautiful piece. I love the magical transformation you've created. pen x

Lesley said...

Oh Smiff, love the doilies and your shabby style really is exceptional in this piece.
Thanks for dropping by and commenting too.
Hugs, Lovely Les xoxoxox

mandysea said...

Just absolutely stunning Jan! Love how you alter these little dresses!! Gorgeous details too!
Thanks for playing along with Shabby!

Scraps of Elegance said...

Wow, this is outstanding an so off the page. Great idea.

Gayle Price said...

This is stunning !! Gorgeous colours and details. Thanks so much for playing at Lets Get Shabby.

CorinneD. said...

beautiful work!!!
thanks for playing with us at LGS!

Jen xo said...

beautiful combo of colors Jan, hope you have somewhere nice to hang it...

Julie said...

gorgeous jan I love all the detail thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Margaret said...

oh swoon and swoon some more! Love the colours, those blues are just divine, love everything about your dress!
BTW my altered box is in progress!! Mx

Joanna said...

Oh I simply love doilies & love what you've done with them! I adore everything about this piece :)

xo

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful!! My mother left me many of these tiny crocheted type flowers and I never know what to do with them. You have really inspired me with the tiny dress, they are perfect for it!
~Scarlett

Magda(i)Lena said...

Just absolutely stunning!Gorgeous details!
Thanks for playing along at Let's Get Shabby!

yumiko said...

Jan, this is so stunning!!! I love all your details!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

Jenny said...

STUNNING Jan... really love what you have done with this challenge... love everything about your little dress... Tallulah Belles is such a gorgeous shop too...

Jenny x

~*~Patty S said...

You are really going to town with your gorgeous altered baby dresses!
WOWEE!
that little tag is so precious too!
oxo