Friday, 7 October 2011

Show and Tell - Wonderful Swap

I can't believe that I have been MIA for nearly 2 weeks !
There has been lots of Birthday celebrations going on in the Smifferoo household just recently
...my two eldest boys turned 18 and 21 last week
...OMG !! How did that happen !!
I'm far too young to have kids that age LOL  !!

I've also been learning to knit - I'll save that for another post !

...and THANK YOU for all your lovely kind comments on my last post, I appreciate each and everyone of them x

Anyway......
So much to Show and Tell...
I've been participating in a few (OK, lots) of swaps just lately, can't wait to show you all what lovelies I have received in the post.

These are the beauties I received from my lovely friend Tina in Texas. She doesn't blog (although I think she should ! ;)
We've been doing little swaps for a while now, and I sooo look forward to Tina's packages,  she always sends me so much gorgeousness all the way from th US !
...and this swap was no exception.


A beautiful tag, stunning altered matchbox, fabulous altered clip-board and Tina also sent me an awesome burlap Dress-form to alter !!

some close ups of the lovelies, Tina sent to me
I adore the personalised 'sewing themed' box of treasures.
...and if you think that is wonderful...
just take a peek at all the fabulous goodies she enclosed....
Thank you soooo much Tina for your kindness and generosity x
...can't wait to work a little shabby magic on the dress-form, although it  does look fab already !
-oOo-
Now it's time to show, what I sent to Tina in Texas...
..an altered canvas and CD
...and I shabby'd up a little stryoform dress-form
..and I had to alter a matchbox too
Halloween stylie
(Not that I'm addicted or anything !! LOL !! )

Thanks again Tina for a lovely trade.
I'll be back soon with a few more swaps to show...

So Until then

Thanks for Looking!
Jan x


14 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Jan, your swap goodies are fantastic both ways around! I can't wait to see what you do with your dress form. It's lovely here, as always. pen x

Jenny said...

Lots of gorgeousness here Jan... your swap is beautiful... both what you sent and received... very delicious... the knitting sounds fab and happy birthday to your boys... where do the years go...

Have a fabulous weekend...
Jenny x

Sherry said...

Oooh Jan, what wonderful swaps you take part in - love all the things you received and I can't wait to see what you do with the little dress form. Your altered canvas, CD and matchbox are fabulous (as usual!) Belated birthday wishes to your two boys ..... I agree, how can you possibly have sons that age! LOL (Please let me know your secret xxx)

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

what a fabulous swap... i need to take pictures of all the goodies ive been getting and post..busy busy busy

~*~Patty S said...

Hello dear JAN ~ what wonderful goodies you have there and great swaps too!

Happy Birthday to your boys...where do the years go!

Happy Weekend to you and yours!
oxo

Unknown said...

I really do love looking at your creations.. Your altered CD's are amazing. Well everything here is amazing.. You have such a fabulous shabby style I love to look at!!

Hugs, Linda

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What gorgeous swaps, the dress form you were sent is stunning. Like the look of your wooden draws in the background too.

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Oh my goodness - what fun! I love both of those cute dress forms! I hope you show us if you alter the one you received. :) So many goodies - have fun!

Lesley said...

Oh my Jan, what loveliness to share with us. Your friend Tina should blog, we would love to see her creations on an ongoing basis. Can you talk her into it??? I love your altered CD and canvas and yes the matchbox as well.
Happy Birthday to the boys and yes where does the time go???
Take care and always love when you drop by my blog....Lovely Les xo

Joanna said...

Hello Jan, SO MUCH loveliness to take in, both sent and received! You are involved in some wonderful swaps.

Happy Birthday to those 2 young men of yours, 18 and 21? - you must have been a child bride!

Have a great weekend,

xx

Joanna said...

Such beautiful things, my goodness, so much loveliness!! You can tell how much love & care was put in to each & every item here :)

xo

Anonymous said...

AWWWW, thanks Jan for posting our fun swap! And thanks to all your wonderful blog friends for their nice comments on my part of the swap!I LOVED doing it! I also can't wait to see what you do with the dress form, ;)!
Maybe someday I will blog!
Thanks again friend for everything! I loved it all as always!
Tina from Texas :)

Kristin said...

Ooh, I don't know what to say first!
Okay, FIRST of all, you are gorgeous. I can't believe that you have two grown children! Funny, I bet we're the same age and here I am hoping for another baby! LOL You do mommy proud ;)
Regarding the art, OH! I am so jealous of that burlap form! Your goodies are awesome - have fun with them!
Lastly, I really love all your altered items - FAB matchbox and CD and I think my favorite (not that you asked ;) is that elegant cream canvas. Bella! xoxo

Margaret said...

Love this post and everything in it!! the burlap dress form is divine! What a great bunch of goodies! Mx