....for challenge #35
over at
it's all about creating a Shabby Project with this little saying in mind...
'Something old
Something new
Something borrowed
And something blue'
Its a very old fashioned 'checklist' for the bride.
-oOo-
....So here is my DT take on this challenge..
I decided to make a little fabric hanging...
My lovely blog friend Margaret gave me this lovely little cabinet card a while ago, So I thought this would be perfect for this challenge...
So I photocopied it onto some fabric...
and added it to some...
fabric scraps
with a little stitching...
ribbon flowers...
metal charms and embellies...
assorted lace...
paint...
buttons...
suspender and bra clips!..
and some crochet
-oOo-
The requirement for this challenge was to include four elements....
Something Old...
Suspender clips & buttons...
. "Something old" symbolizes continuity with the bride's family and the past.
Something New....
Love, Faith and Hope Charm...
"Something new" - means optimism and hope for the bride's new life ahead
Something Borrowed...
I borrowed my mum's button Box, for these lovely buttons!!
. "Something borrowed" - is usually an item from a happily married friend / family member, whose good fortune in marriage is supposed to carry over to the new bride.
Something Blue...
Ribbon and button...
'Something Blue' - In ancient Rome brides wore blue to symbolize love, modesty, and fidelity. Christianity has long dressed the Virgin Mary in blue, so purity was associated with the colour. Before the late 19th century, blue was a popular colour for wedding gowns.
Anyway...For full deets on this Challenge
Hop over to
..and to see what beauties the other shabby girls have created...
Thanks for peeking
Jan x










11 comments:
You have created such a lush and lovely piece here Jan...pretty in every detail!
Happy Weekend to you and yours!
oxo
Oh Jan, this is so beautiful! Love the suspender clips!! I enjoyed reading your explanation of the famous rhyme too.
x
Soooooo gorgeous!! I had to keep going back to savour every detail!-Fab wedding history, I didn't know where the blue came from!
The copy is amazing, the quality is really good, looks like a fabric book cover!
And so many lovely details, the buttons, the lace and the shared wings, just perfect!
Mx
Everything about this looks amazing.. So many wonderful details. I just love popping in here so much wonderful inspiration..
Hugs~
Dear Jan, I just love your collage, it is wonderful, and you incorporated so many old and beautiful things. I love your -little blue- -we also have that saying here in Denmark, when getting merried :-)
The hanger is also fantastic.
Happy weekend to you.
Hugs,Dorthe
Your collage is fab. Love the suspender. Never tried to transfer a picture onto fabric before. Have bought some transfer paper to have a go. Hugs Mrs a.
Oh Jan... your wall hanging is GORGEOUS!!! Love the beautiful cabinet card image... and the wings... and the suspender clips are awesome... the perfect piece for this challenge...
Hugs
Jenny x
...oh it's gorgeous Jan, so much has gone into this piece, loVe your colours your embellies and oh la la suspender piece...loVe it...Mel :)
ooog gorgeous jan, love the suspender clips :)
This is so lovely Jan - the suspender clips are fab and perfect for your interpretation of the theme. Shabbylicious as always xx
Jan,I love your creative and shabby creation!!!Great!!!
Post a Comment