Tuesday, 30 June 2009

Tissue paper backgound ATC

On one of my ATC swapping groups, we've been given a challenge of making cards with the tissue paper background method.
For those who are not familiar with tissue backgrounds, they are soooooo simple to make, and are really effective. This is how I made mine:



Get some ATC sized card and some Tissue paper




Coat the card in PVA Glue


Scrunch your tissue paper

stick it to the card

Then finally, when dry, trim around the edges.
This is one that I made using some red tissue.
I've just sponged over it with some gold and black inks.


And thats a tissue background, told you it was easy peasy!!!


.......Which just leaves you to embellish it.


Here are a few of my finished tissue background cards:


I've just added a few embellishments, Inked

......and have even machine stitched for the very First time on my ATC's!!

( Hence the wobbly lines LOL)

Thanks for Looking!

Jan x

7 comments:

Country Lane Folk Art said...

nice ATC's Jan. You are quite talented girl!
Becky

Jen xo said...

woot woot you used it!!didnt you know....wobbly is good!!!!great cards Jan ...jenxo

Kathy said...

Great cards Jan.. I sure love that tissue paper.. and your stitching really sets them off..
Kath

Barb said...

These are great Jan!... and the sewing is PERFECT!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Awww thanx ladies :)
Might just use that sewing machine again now :)
So glad to hear that wobbly is Good! :)
Jan x

Elizabeth Golden said...

These are great! Love the tissue paper backgrounds and the stitching is just fine. I really like it wobbly!

Pat said...

Cool technique there Jan!!! :) I may well pinch that idea. :D