Meet Alice the Garden Goddess....
(click on pic for a bigger view)Oh, I so enjoy joining in with the Shabby challenges
...and the latest
is to...
*Create a Shabby garden on your project
*Include a quote from anywhere in the book 'Alice in Wonderland'
*and as gardens are usually full of a mix of flowers you will need to include a variety of at least five flowers on your creation.
-oOo-
and here's what I had so much fun creating...
..anyone following my blog recently will know,that I've got a little addicted to making paper dolls
So, when I see this 'Shabby' challenge it inspired me to make..
Alice the Garden Goddess
-oOo-
Alice is made from a card base
(using the fabby Goddess Template
from The Enchanted Gallery Website)
First, I painted the body with flesh coloured acyrlic paint
then I made Alice's pinnafore and dress from paper
and added some buttons and lace
Her clay face is painted with acrylic paints
added some wool for her hair
then I created a shabby garden from a mixture of shabby flowers and mushrooms.
-oOo-
* The Quote I chose from the 'Alice in Wonderland' Book
was 'What a curious feeling'
I used some alpha beads to spell out the quote, and made them into the hanger for my paper doll.
This quote is from Chapter 1, when Alice drinks from the bottle labelled 'Drink Me'
I filled a little craft bottle with some small blue beads, to make the magic potion
added a label marked 'Drink Me' !!
Can you also spot the key Alice uses to open the door!!
..and here is my Shabby Garden of flowerswith a variety of more than 5 different blooms

-oOo-
Pop over to the Let's get Shabby Blog for so much Fabby Shabby Inspiration!
...and Amanda from D-Lish Scraps is offering a wonderful prize for this months Challenge
-oOo-
Thanks for Looking!
Jan x










20 comments:
Ohhh Jan I just love this!!! Absolutely fantastic take on the challenge! I am doing a doll of sorts too.. just not finished yet.... so please please dont think I have copied your concept.. but I can safely say it is different... lol!
I absolutely adore your Paper Dolls!
Love Lou xxxx
This project brings a big smile on my face!!!
How cute is this doll!!! I LOVE everything about her, LOVE the way you made the quote, LOVE the bottle and the flowers, it's simply gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!
XXXJenneke
My goodness Jan!! This is ADORABLE!!!
So very creative with so much thought to detail!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!
wow Jan this is an awesome idea I just love your door hanger. Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at shabby.
WOW!!!!!!!!! Jan your Alice doll is fantastic - I love it! You have caputured her so beautifully - love her eyes, dress, flowers, bottle - yes, just about everything - and the alpa beads with the quote - perfect! I must check out that Shabby site it looks fun!
Just darling. I love the "Alice" theme too! Her face is gorgous, you do such nice work. The flowers make spring come alive. God bless, Cathy
Jan, 'Alice' is just wonderful. I loved how you described the process of creating her, brought back many memories of playing with paper dolls as a child, although mine were very basic and didn't have the clay faces and the beautiful embellishments that yours does. Must have a look at the Shabby blog too...
JAN..... Whoa .. this is SoOOoo CREATIVE!!!! Couldn't be any CUTER!!!! Thanks for playing with us at SHABBY!!!
Lovely and funny:)
What an absolutely adorable Alice you've created Jan! Love it! All the great embellishments.
Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, too, by the way! Much appreciated.
All the best from the Netherlands
This is gorgeous. I luv your little garden with the mushrooms and the potion bottle.....beautiful.
Jan this sooo clever! I love all the details like the little bottle, the key and Alices face is beautiful.
Wow, fantastic creation, this is very creative! Love the gorgeous details!!:)
Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!
Hugs, TÃmea
This is a awesome love it all from your Alice to all her gorgeous embellishing....
WOW, love, love, love this! Great take on the challenge!
Hugz, Z
Wow!!! I so love this!!!
Beautiful, cute and so creative!!!!
Thanks for playing along with us!!
xxxx
Chimene
Lovely doll piece. Love it.
This is so lovely and different.I love it.thanks for sharing it with us. Angela
This is gorgeous !
Oh Wow! It's beautiful..... I LOVE all the details, the flowers, the bottle....everything..she's perfect :)
Karen
Post a Comment