Wednesday, 18 August 2010

'Friends are angels.......

....who lift us to our feet,

when our wings have trouble

remembering how to fly'

-oOo-
Challenge #14

over at Let's get Shabby

....is to use the above quote

(in whole or part)
and
WINGS
-oOo-

I Have really missed taking part in the shabby Challenges the past couple of months, due to the new pup and all the dreaded computer issues that I've been having!
...but just knew I had to join in with this challenge, being as I love using wings in my creations!

I decided to alter a chipboard mannequin shape (Maya Road) and some chipboard wings (Kindly rak'd to me by Debi from one of my crafting groups.)

Just loved this Quote, so I decided to add it in full to the wings


Shabby'd up the chipboard shapes, with old music paper, papers, images, laces, ribbon, beads, flowers, doily and buttons...
Mmmm.... I might just add a little ribbon hanger from the wings, and send it too a friend who is going through a sad time at the mo...
-oOo-
Hop over to the Let's get Shabby Blog
for some fabby shabby challenges
-oOo-
Thanks for looking!

Jan x

25 comments:

Joanna said...

This is so beautiful, Jan! The colours are perfect, and all the encrusted goodies are lush. You do shabby so well. Love the quote too. x

ps your new look blog is wonderful!

mabaco said...

beautiful!!! It's very original!!!
I like it!!
hugs from france
Corinne

Tracy Evans said...

Simply stunning Jan, all the detail is gorgeous and I love the wings. All beautifully put together as always I love it. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

Julie said...

this is gorgeous love all of your shabby bits and pieces. thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Sherry said...

Waht a beautiful piece Jan - I love all the detail. It's sure to lift your friend's spirits x

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...

C'est magnifique et plein d'imagination, un peu comme du mixed-média !!

J'adore,.... bravo, Amitiés, Christiane

Merci du commentaire si gentiment déposé sur mon blog

Gry-Heidi said...

WOW, this is gorgeous !! So many lovely details !

Hugs, Gry-Heidi :o)

~*~Patty S said...

Love that quote and that precious little girl, lovely creation dear Jan ... in every detail!
oxo

daisy said...

This piece has really lifted my spirits ... thank you. And it is totally gorgeous xx

ann said...

Oh wow this is fantastic

Jenny said...

So very beautiful Jan...love that image and the quote...just gorgeous...

Jenny x

Deb said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous. Totally love everything about it.

Martina said...

Incredible, Jan! I really love all that details and the colors! Well done:-)

Jen xo said...

very beautiful Jan, how could it not uplift your friends spirits? jenxo

Ruth Philps said...

Jan your friend will love this...I was thinking of popping wings onto my Maya Road dress form and yours is so pretty it's inspired me to get on with it!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby this month we have missed having you around:)

Kathy said...

Wow Jan.. it's gorgeous.. love it all.. am sure your friend will love it.. you do shabby sooo well..

mandysea said...

All I can say is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

Jenneke said...

Wow Jan, this is gorgeous!!!
LOVE every detail of it!!
So BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Shabby!

XXXJenneke

mandysea said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! love the little photo cluster on the dress!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

BadPenny said...

Jan this is so lovely

Lesley said...

OMGoodness Jan
This is so very you and shabby. You always make my jaw drop when I visit. Lurve this manequin shape. Would make a good theme swap idea on ATC board.
So glad to see you back blogging and thanks for leaving a comment on mine.
Hope you have a great weekend.
L xo

Margaret said...

I LOVE this Jan! Stunning colours and gorgeous detail, totally fab! Mx

Ingen said...

Wow this is gorgeous work!

Juli@Korotaeva said...

It is just gorgeous! The girl is like sitting in the pocket) I love all the details - they look perfect all together!

Michele Reed said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous, Jan!! I love the blues, the pearls...everything!