......Wow, have had a really productive crafting day today!!
First of all....
Let's Play DRESS UP
Over at Alice and Camilla Margaret
has got us all playing dress-ups!!
Some of my friends have already joined in this project and I have enjoyed seeing all their dressy creations!
...and I knew I just had to join in with this....
...being the mum of 3 boys, I've missed out on all the dressing up with pretty dresses!! LOL
....So, now's my chance to get all cute and frilly!! Although like Margaret, I'm also a
jeans and t-shirt kinda gal!! So this may proove to be more of a challenge!....
jeans and t-shirt kinda gal!! So this may proove to be more of a challenge!....-0O0-
Well, I'm playing catch up, because the project is to make a dress each month, so everyone is already on their February (2nd) dress.
-0O0-
Heres my January Dress.. Well, as it was a rather chilly, snowy time here in the UK during Jan, my dress is covered in snow flakes. I've added lace, paper napkin, ribbon, snow-flakes, buttons, flowers,glitter...
...those little beads on wire reminded me of snowballs!! (Had some fun with them in January!!!)
..and if you look closely, I've added a glass pendant in amongst the flowers (reminded me of ice!!)
-0O0-
...and now to Februarys Dress...

..well being as February, is the most romantic month, what with it being Valentine's and wotnot!!
..my dress had to have the feel of romance!!
reds, pinks, roses, romantic writings, lace, ribbon and hearts!!
...Now, I'm going to enjoy going around all the blogs participating to have a peek at their fabby dresses!
-0O0-
Well, now on too some inchy business...
over at Inchybyinch we are already on 'F'
I'm also on catch up for this, as I missed last week, so here are my 'E' and 'F' inchies...
-0O0-
Thanks for Looking!
Jan x












22 comments:
oooh Jan.. your dresses are just gorgeous.. love them both.. haven't quite finished mine.. what a great fun ...
xoxo
Ok I's sharing some love...lol. Beautiful little dresses Jan. Reminds me of the fun I had playing dress up with my granddaughter but now at 6 years old she is into music and computer games. But we still do some artsy stuff together. Your Valentine book below is so shabbylicious.
I love the dresses! And the file label holder on the hanger is really cool! Fabulous inchies! I imagine that Edna and Freddy must know each other quite well!
Oh, I love your dresses, so beautiful.
debby
dresses are cool! i like it so much!
Love your dresses Jan and think it is wonderful that you have chosen something special about each of the months to bring into each one.... and your inchies are gorgeous!!
Jenny x
Your dresses are both so sweet and lovely Jan! I'm with you on being the mother of boys and not girls :)
You are ahead of the game with your Feb dress already designed!
Edna and Flirty Freddy are wonderful too!
oxo
The dresses are beautiful!! As well as the sweet vintage images on your inchies, great work!
oh wow jan look at you go.....love your little dresses, the laces are so pretty too...will be fun keeping a look a look out for little bits and bobs to put on them....
like the f inchies too...jenxo
Jan, your dresses are gorgeous, I love your winter themed January and the romanance of February, really pretty! So great to have you playing along! Margaret
Hi Jan! Alas, you didn't win my Thread of HOPE giveaway, but I wanted to thank you for stopping by.
Your dresses are wonderful-- I especially love the corsage at the waist of your January frock. Great use of tags for labeling each dress too!
Have a beautiful day. :)
Gorgeous inchies Jan - love the theme
You are way ahead of me! I havent started the February dress yet...both of yours are just awesome...I love the little bouquet and the blu one and the red and the Feb. tag on the second...your inchies are pretty darn cute too!
Your dresses are beautiful and represent each month perfectly!!! I just love that dress-up idea!
Hugs,
Julia
Love those dresses, Jan! Fab!
I love your dresses and gorgeous inchies!
Jan, both of your dresses are lovely! with the meanings for each month? and I loke all the decorations you made for them!
Ooh Jan, both dresses are fabulous! I can't wait to get started now!
These are all gorgeous!!!
Hi!
I love your dresses and your inchies. Especially flirty Freddy!!! I've caught up too now!
Did you notice the lack of crafting shops in NY too? :(
Karen
I'm not totally sure how I missed these two gorgeous dresses, but I'm glad I found them today.
The blue and snowflakes make January's dress take on the effect you were hoping for. The lace and rick rack are the icing on the February cake (ERR, dress). I like how you shared your feelings about both dresses, too. It made it personal and meaningful.
Sorry I missed these before.
Your January and February dresses are so beautiful, glad I found your blog, thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment.
Post a Comment