Saturday, 1 May 2010

Let's get Shabby - Challenge #11


It's all about Colour
In Australia at the moment it is Autumn
(and here in the UK it is Spring - a wet and cold one today!!)

is a Colour Challenge
....it is to look at this incredible Quilt

and be inspired
..and It would be nice to include some fabric somewhere

-oOo-

...So here is my take on the challenge:


I was inspired by the blues, browns, oranges and the touches of golden yellow in the Quilt.

...and a few weeks ago, I bought my first 12x12 scrapbook album

...with the intentions of sorting through my millions ( ok zillions!!) of photographs

so that I could scrap some pics of my 3 boys 'growing up' over the last 20 years!!

I thought this pic of two of my lads would be perfect for a shabby LO makeover

it was taken about 14 years ago, so they both are a little bit bigger now LOL!!

...both strapping 6 footers but still sooooo Cheeky!!

-oOo-

I've added some Hessian for the background and some ribbon roses for the fabric element of the challenge.

...Handmade flowers

..ribbon and lace

...fabby leaves and sweet mini pumpkin embellishments

...and of course buttons!

-oOo-

Check out the Let's Get Shabby Blog

...for some fabby shabby inspiration!

Thanks for Looking!

Jan x

26 comments:

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Jan. Love the colours you have pulled from the quilt. Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Shabby.

Knerten said...

This is beautiful, Jan ! Two sweet boys too (although don't let them know I said that - LOL)

Joanna said...

This is stunning, Jan! Wonderful texture and colours, and those flowers are GORGEOUS!!! Those 2 boys look just adorable in that picture.

Jo
x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Simply stunning, your flowers are gorgeous, can't believe this is your first attempt, well done you. Have a great Sunday. Tracy Evans x x

Martina said...

Lovely work, Jan! I do enjoy seeing your artwork

Deb said...

Beautiful LO. I love your flowers....just gorgeous. That is such a sweet photo and the hessian background looks great.

Michelle said...

I love your flowers, they are beautiful!

Angela Weimer said...

Wow this is beautiful. I love everything about it and the photo is simply gorgeous. thanks for sharing . Angela

Kerry said...

Wow, a stunning layout. I love all the flowers and the way you've grouped them all together. I'm jealous of anyone who can do that, when I try I never like the end result! Welcome to the world of scrapbooking!

ann said...

Love the colours you have have used and the flowers you have made are beautiful

Juli@Korotaeva said...

Very cute boys and beautiful page! I love the flowers you made :-)

BadPenny said...

Gorgeous colour scheme & cute picture of the boys !
Jan your stunning matchboxes arrived - so lovely and thank you for the beautiful extra gift one & tag. It's been a pleasure to orgaise the swap & see the treasures everone has made. Will post off & post on blog as soon as the last one is in. I am planning another.....

mandysea said...

Oooh I just LOVE the colours you've chosen for your flowers and leaves...it really sets the tone for autumn!! wonderful interpretation of the quilt!!
Thanks for playing along with Shabby!!

Ruth Philps said...

I was so excited to see what you had come up with this month Jan. You colours are perfect for this challenge especially with the touches of blu and rust for the boys. I am totally in love with the mini pumkins!!!!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)

Toni said...

Jan, What a great job on this challenge.
This is so pretty!!!
Thanks so much for playing!!!

yumiko said...

Hi,Jan!!
It's amazingly beautiful!!!! I love your handmade flowers!!!Thank you for playing along with us!!!

Marg said...

Jan this is just delightful...I love the photo and the flowers are gorgeous...

Chriss Rollins said...

Hi Jan

Your LO is amazing the flowers did you make them?

and the photo SMILE... I can see your time will be taken up with 20years of scrapping.

Fab blog just had and nice catch up and that large matchbox...wowee.

Have a lovely weekend

and oh Nancy's ATC's arrived yesterday and they are gorgeous.

chriss x

Maria said...

Jan your layout is just gorgeous those flowers are just beautiful and that picture of your two boys is so sweet....

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Hi Jan, Here in America we are celebrating Mothers Day and I see you are one, so I am wishing you a very Happy Mothers Day. God bless. Cathy

Sherry's Creations said...

Thats a pretty layout for the challenge :-)

Sherry
Sissey DT Member

Chimene said...

Beautiful!!!!
Love your use of colors!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!!
xxx
Chimene

Sam said...

Just gorgeous !!! I love this layout !!

Jenneke said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!!
LOVE the colors, the flowers and the cute photo!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Shabby!

XXXJenneke

zandra said...

So pretty! Love your flowers and your blog background! ;o)
Hugz, Z

Jen xo said...

first attempt , never !! well done you...
funny i started scrapbooking and found atcs, i havent done an lo since i started swapping...jenxo