Sunday, 20 March 2011

Pay it Forward Yummyness!

A little while ago, Joanna from fiddlesnips had a post about
 Pay it Forward
Where, you have promise something handmade to the FIRST 5 people who leave a comment , However, to be eligible, you must repost the status, offering something handmade to 5 other people, and so on....
Well, I signed up to Jo's, but only managed to tempt 1 taker (Jen - Jenxo) on my post back in January  !!!
So what I decided to do, was to still send out My 5 PIF gifts... 1 to Jen,  and the other 4 has surprise RAK's (Jo being one of them)
-oOo-
 ..and this is the Brilliant and soooo Creative PIF gift from Jo that arrived on my doorstep last week...

A Gorgeous altered postcard ,beautifully collaged - I love Jo's creative style, and this is so Jo!
...and lookie at those sweet altered scrabble tiles and rack!
I love miniature art, so I absolutely adore these little cute tiles!
If you take a closer peek, Jo has cleverly personalised my scrabble rack
If you take the initial from each of the tiles words it spells out my full name!
How cool is that!
Jo
 THANK YOU again Soooo Much! x

Well, my 5 PIF gifts have now been made, packaged and posted,
All slightly different

 I can show you this, has Jo has received it now.

So, I made this one for Jo (fiddlesnips)
I altered a large size matchbox with papers, then collaged it with some sewing pattern and paint.
I used my new Tim Holtz die 'sewing room dress form'
cut from fabric and card
Added some lace
..and these adorable lace wings (which I really didn't want to part with) but hey, Jo is worth it after the lovelies that she sent to me  !!
...tied some vintage style binding ribbon around the dress

...and a cute (Tim) Trinket pin
The drawer pull I made from a button,cotton reel, wrapped with some measuring tape.
...and filled it with some goodies
-oOo-
If you don't already follow Jo's Blog
Check it out here
Not only is Joanna super duper creative 
her blog is always fun
 her posts often fill my bloggy time with Inspiration
 and lots of Giggles! :)
...and if you get there quick, she is also having a generous Blogiversary Giveaway
But you will have to be fast, 'cos  Jo is drawing a winner tommorrow (21st March)
Thanks again Jo, for my lovely PIF Gift :)

Thanks for Looking
Jan x

16 comments:

Gail said...

Just so you know Mz Jan ;) I tried and tried to post to your pay it forward thing and it just would NOT take!! I spent about 2 hours trying to get a post to show up and finally had to give up. There are probably many many out there like me who LOVE your work and wanted to be one of the first five, but by some fluke couldn't let you know. (google musta been screwy that day)
Just wanted you to know that so you wouldn't feel bad that you only had one!!! :)
Oh, and your prizes are FAB!
Luv ya girl
Gail :)

Barb Cady said...

Oh Jan your work is inspiring! I just love that matchbox and the way you have used the die form, where did those wings come from? They are delicious! You inspired me to send a matchbox to a friend with 20 little Crafty bits in it, she was delighted and so I am now officially hooked! Lovely. xx

Barb Cady said...

Hi Jan, I don't know what is happening but I keep trying to leave a comment, I wonder if they are lost in blog land and will all appear at once? Just to say again incase they are gone forever, I love what you have done with the dress form, those wings are delicious. You inspired me to fill a matchbox for a friend and she was delighted,so I am now well and truly hooked!Lovely work. (Hope this posts!)

Anne Jagger said...

Your gifts from Jo are gorgeous, and your PIF gifts are stunning!. Just love what you have done with the dress form and everything else is beautiful too - lucky recipients!

JessiVille said...

Jan, Your gifts from Jo are gorgeous! Sooo clever. And I LOVE your dressform art. Beautifully done!

Sherry said...

I love the gifts you received Jan. The altered scrabble tiles on their holder is fabulous - what a great idea!

I also love your altered matchbox - absolutely stunning - as ever!

Margaret said...

Oh I love this post!! soooo full of yummyness and yep I did a close up on the scrabble tiles, just love that idea! what a great personalised gift!

Joanna said...

Hi Jan, I'm so glad you liked your PIF gifts - as I said they may be small but they were made with love.

As you know, I ADORE your altered matchbox - it's still in front of me as I type - and it has gone down a storm on my blog.

Have a lovely sunny (?) week.

xxx

Jeanie Callaghan said...

What gorgeous gifts! I think you BOTH are so very talented! I tried the pay-it-forward a week or so ago, but got no takers.

~*~Patty S said...

SO much lovely eye candy...oh my!
Beautiful!!!
I am totally inspired by the altered scrabble pieces...what a thoughtful and sweet gift for you Jan!
Happy Springtime!
oxo

Chriss Rollins said...

Beautiful eye candy both yours and Jo's work is amazing.

have a great day

chriss x

Alexa said...

Love the little scrabble pieces - what a great gift. Your matchbox is so cute - love the way you did the drawer pull - very imaginative. I'm going to check out Jo's website - it sounds fun!

Juli@Korotaeva said...

oh my goodness! Everything is so wonderful!! beautiful eye candy!

Emily said...

"art - running away without leaving home", I LOVE that! so glad I found your blog . . . . happy art!!!!!

Sandy Ang said...

Love the idea of the scrabble tiles as I am such a fan of miniature crafting too. Your altered matchbox is too beautiful.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jan,
beautiful PIF gift from Jo!!!
Your matchbox is beautiful too and I already admired it on Jo's blog.
XO Marie