Friday, 15 October 2010

Let's get Shabby Challenge #16

Challenge #16
over at
..is a two part challenge
PART 1
Choose from one of the two kitchen pics to be inspired by...
I was cooking in
Kitchen #2
PART 2
You needed to have specific ingredients in your project....
One piece of fabric-Well I decided to make a fabric hanger-So definately some material included!!
Two die-cut shapes-Wings
Three colours from your chosen kitchen-Green, Pink & Yellow
You are allowed to use other items in your creations , just as long as you include the recipe requirements.

So here is my little Fabric hanger for the Shabby Challenge...

Lots of lovely fabric (piece of fabric -recipe requirement)
I've used some calico for the backing, then some shabby floral & gingham fabric and some pink sheer material backing the pic (which is also on printable cotton)

-oOo-

I was mainly inspired by the greens, pinks and yellow in this Kitchen,

I also got some inspiration from the florally fabrics in the pic

Die-cut wings (recipe requirement)

I painted these and added some Distress crackle paint to give a crackle look, which you cant really see very clearly in the pic.
...the pic is a retro advertising image printed on to some printable cotton (added some lace for a crown, and some buttons)

...a little voile bag filled with eggs!!

...a yellow gingham bow and patch of yellow gingham fabric
...and lots of lovely lace and buttons!!

Added a wooden tag, on top of a crochet heart -which I also painted and stamped 'Shabby Queen' with some Alpha (Hero Arts) Stamps

..Tied some lace and pink voile fabric to a vintage spoon and added a little pink flower,

and placed on top of some green ribbon.

Well, you have only a few days left if you want to join in with this fabby shabby challenge..

So go and check out the Let's get shabby Blog

Thanks for Looking!

Jan x

16 comments:

CorinneD. said...

beautifulllllllll!!
thanks for playing with us at shabby!
hugs from france!
corinne

Gayle Price said...

You have gone to so much trouble with your Fabric hanger. I love your piece of floral background fabric, and your very inventive lace crown. Thanks for joining in at LGS.

Sherry said...

What a lovely challenge Jan - your piece is stunning! I love the vintage spoon and how you've included it too - the whole thing is beautiful!

Tracy Evans said...

Love your shabby vintage hanging and the spoon is a great embellishment. Love all the fabric pieces and the addition of the wings too, such great attention to detail. Tracy Evans x

Jen xo said...

oh so very shabby Jan, love the colors and teaspoon too,there is so much to see on this piece...

Jenny said...

Just divine Jan...what a wonderful challenge, love all the ingredients you have used to create something so utterly delicious...

Jenny x

Kristin said...

This is just fabulous! I popped over from Jenny's blog (above) and am so impressed by your beautiful work. I will be back as I am now a follower, Kristin xo

mandysea said...

wow just gorgeous Jan! Love that spoon and yes, I'd be inspired by the colours in the wonderful fabric too! Loved reading how you created it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Jan. Love all the texture and layers. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Kristin said...

Hi again!
I just wanted to thank you for becoming a follower - I am thrilled to have you and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work, Kristin xo

Joanna said...

WOW! So much work has gone into this gorgeous hanger. Well done for using all the ingredients (I'm sure I would have forgotten to put one in, I usually do with cakes!!).

x

Joanna said...

ps why didn't this post show up on my sidebar grrrrrrr :0§

Linapyssel said...

Sooo super pretty!!! Lovelly piece of art!
Have a great evening
Hugs Lina

Juli@Korotaeva said...

Jan, I like it! Your hanger is very cute and funny - i mean this wording "save eggs"))) And it looks so home-style :-)

yumiko said...

Hi,Jan!!!
I LOVE your creation and idea!!
Love all the fabric you used here!!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

~*~Patty S said...

OH How delightful and wonderful in every detail Jan! Love the bag of eggs and the spoon and everything! You must be very pleased with how it turned out!
oxo