Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Playing with sketches....

I've got tons of photographs that I want to scrapbook, but I still find it a bit of a struggle to create on a larger scale of (12x12), I think I've been playing with inchies and altered matchboxes for far too long!! LOL
So when I visited
Kerry's  Blog....
 (who is a talented scrapbooker, runs her own local craft club and is has it happens is also my Cousin :) )
...Kerry has started to have a go at making her own Layout sketches.

So, I thought I would dust off those photos that needed scrapping
and give it a go..
Here is Kerry's pagesketch#1
You also had one extra element this week is to add eyelets to your creation.
so here is my take on that sketch..
(the eyelets are in the top right and bottom left corners)

I decided to use some pics of a visit to
 in Dorset
We spent a lovely day there on Mothers Day in March 2009
....and hubby took some wonderful pics of the monkies
(that includes two of my sons!! LOL)
...and how cute is that monkey bead!
and this fab lil quilled monkey!!
Sadly I didn't make him myself, I bought it from Katie at KatiesKreations4U (etsy)
who sells some lovely kits, embellies and corner bouquets.
The beaded pin and quilled monkey came from this lil kit.
-oOo-
Anyway, if you fancy taking Kerry's sketches through their paces, hop over
Thank you Kerry for inspiring me!

Thanks for Looking!
Jan x

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Hi Janette, so happy you used my sketch for your page and thanks for the kind words and the link to my blog. As promised I will add your page to my blog when I have the pages from the craft club next week.
Funnily my page has a tree just where yours is (spooky), I love all your monkey details and you really should scrap more your page is fab. Kerry XXX.

Katie Adkins said...

Oh Jan! This is simply adorable! Love the pics and the use of the kit! Wonderful job my friend!!!! Hugs! Katie

Mrs A. said...

Wonderful how this has all pulled together with the use of yellow. Love the little quilled
monkey.

Sherry said...

It's great Jan, has worked really well and I love all the embellishments too.

I've never worked from one of these sketches, but have seen a lot for greeting cards too. I think they're a brill idea as I always really struggle with making cards, let alone a scrapbook page. (you could always incorporate an inchie or a matchbox into your scrapbook page - lol!)

JessiVille said...

Jan, how cute is this!!! Just adorable! I'd say you are adjusting well to the regular sized art world. LOL!

Luna und Luzie said...

Hi Jan,

what a cute sketch work. Love the colors and the monkey theme.
Yesterday I finally posted your collage. But unfortunatelly I forgot to tell you.
Don´t have a look on my blog if you want to be surprised ;o)
Maybe we can later have a ATC Swap too?
Have a wonderful weekend !
Stefanie

Jen xo said...

the crafty,artyness definately runs in your family jan, i always struggled with 30x30 too , found a4 much easier...must be why i like atcs:) great monkey page...