Sunday, 30 May 2010

More fabby mail, and a new addition to the family....


...I've been meaning to post about my fabby mail all week, but have been little busy here.
Phew!! Nearly finished redecorating...The boys bedrooms are looking fresh and new again :)
...but, Don't want to see a tin of wall paint for a very very long time LOL!
-oOo-
...and we finally felt ready for a new pooch to love...
so we have a new addition to the household.
....meet my new fur-baby ..
We are still settling on a name for our 9 week old bundle of fun,
I quite like Barney.
... Mmmm what do you think, does he look like a Barney to you?

So I've been a little busy with chasing him about , toilet training , cuddles, and disrupted sleep,
first jabs tommorrow,
he's a little handful....but soooo worth it!

So, I'm Sorry if I've not visited your blogs
.....answered any blog questions or other emails just recently,
popped into groups!
I'm not ignoring you all - Honest!!

I'm a little behind with everything...
..and have not been on the 'net much!
Hopefully get back to some sort of organization soon LOL! ;)
-oOo-

...Anyway back to fabby mail.
I've been receiving some amazing packages in the post,
some expected from swaps,
and one a complete surprise!!


Take a look at these beauties.....
I received this lovely altered matchbox from my new found crafting friend Tina from USA.
She found me through my blog
and we have been doing some lovely trades.
We did an altered matchbox swap recently.
I just adore the cute little birdie in it's nest, and Tina has covered it in everything I love... lace, fairies, daffodils, flowers, buttons etc.
Thank you so much Tina x
-oOo-
I recently did another altered matchbox swap with the inspirational Patty from Magpies Nest
(Yep another matchbox - anyone would think that I am addicted to them LOL!)

...and I was ever sooooo pleased with what she sent too me.
A wonderful asian themed match box
(well 2 matchboxes in 1!)



which unfolds to reveal a beautiful quote!




..and wait there is more!......


Two matchbox drawers which open to reveal a wonderful asian display of goodies!
How cool is this!!
Thank you sooo much Patty, I adore it! x


Patty also sent me some gorgeous goodies including one of her fabby wire nests (which I have been admiring on her blog)
So I was well chuffed!! :)


-oOo-
And what a lovely surprise!! ....

....all these beautiful wonders came from my friend Kath in Canada,

Kath is an amazing artist and I love her Prim painting style .

The gorgeous Prim wall-hanging as now pride of place hanging in my kitchen now!

Kath is also pretty good at wordscraper (scrabble) and is often beating me in a game!!
Check out Kath's Lovely work at her website...

She also makes some amazing quilled items too.

Thanks again Kath, Love everything you sent! x

Now, off to catch up with blog-land, make take some time LOL!

Thanks for looking!

Jan x

8 comments:

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Well there all lovely. How wonderful to receive such great goodies. I'm ready to swap when you are Jan. Just holler at me. Your pup is darling and I think Barney fits him just right. God bless. Cathy

~*~Patty said...

Your precious puppy looks like a stuffed toy = too cute!
Tina's matchbox is so wonderful in every detail, Love the closeup view!
Kath is very talented and such a nice gal too.
Art mail IS the best, isn't it!
I am still trying to catch up here too. I adore the box and goodies you sent me Jan!
Many thanks for a lovely swap!
oxo

Joanna said...

That little pup of yours is absolutely de-lish! He does look like a Barney! Lovely swaps you've got there, you lucky lucky girl (though well deserved). xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What a cutie, I think he suits Barney. I've had a new addition too. I have a baby black pug pup, she is so adorable. Hope you have as much fun with your little one as we do. Wish I had interesting post like you too LOL. Tracy Evans x

Bee said...

OMG Jan he is adorable and I am so glad you have now decided on Barney. He can come and pee on my carpet anytime he likes - I want him not so sure Harley would agree but he's not going to be able to argue for the next 6 weeks :o) (Sorry Harl not really laughing). Have lots of fun with your little bundle of fur and he will make a fab crafting pal.

Sherry said...

what gorgeous goodies Jan! Your new puppy looks so adorable, and yes, every inch a Barney I think!

Debby said...

Your mail goodies are so beautiful, but that sweet new puppies is just so darned cute, love him.
debby

BadPenny said...

lovely lovely & a cute puppy too !