Challenge#19 this month over at
is all about
ARCHITECTURE

You had to be inspired by the picture of this building.
First of all, I must admit I was totally stumped!!
Then inspiration struck after a recent visit to the Tower of London.
There's nothing like a trip to London to see some stunning architecture old and new!!
-oOo-
The battlements of The Tower of London reminded me of the detailing on the top of this ruin.
Also the arch shaped windows and the history influenced my Layout!
Here is my Layout...
I used a printed scrapbooking paper 'Tower of London' (Park Lane Paper)
which I have trimmed and distressed
and added to some brown 12x12 paper
This was my base for the shabby embellies and pics of a recent day out with family & friends
Ice skating at the Tower of London
(Over the festive season , they use the moat area of Tower of London as a temporary Ice Rink)
-oOo-
This was my first experience of Ice Skates!!
....and what an hilarious experience it was!!
We had a fantastic time...with no broken bones - RESULT!!
...Although we won't mention the bruises!! LOL
I now have some serious respect and admiration for the Celebrities taking part in the Dancing on Ice TV show
It sure isn't has easy as it Looks!!
I decided to use a selection of browns and creams to compliment the colours of the Architecture
printed my photo's in sepia tones
Handmade and bought flowers
Tower Bridge Die-cuts (distressed with inks)
embellies...ice skate, key, beads, lace etc..
...and being has it had pics of Ice skating, I sprinkled some 'Twinklets Diamond Dust' on some of the flowers and leaves.
.....Now, off too sneak my entry in before the deadline!!
Hop over to the Let's Get Shabby Blog
for some fabby shabby challenges and Inspiration!
for some fabby shabby challenges and Inspiration!
Thanks for Looking!
Jan x
'Architecture begins when you place two bricks carefully together'.
(Mies van der Rohe)
(Mies van der Rohe)










15 comments:
Hi,Jan!!
Yes,iceskating is so much fun but when I skated for the first time, I fell down over and over on ice and had many bruises all over my body. I can see how you enjoyed skating with your family and friends.
Love your gorgeous layout!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!
Hi:)
This was so great!! I love the flowers:)
Thanks for playing with us at Shabby:)
Wow this is a brilliant LO. Love it.
This is gorgeous Jan. Love the way you have scrapped the photos. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.
a beautiful shabby layout jan, bet you spent ages fiddling with embellies, its has so much going on ! i loved seeing the historic biuildings all over the Uk ...
Such happy memories of a fun day! This is a superb LO, I love all the layers and textures, and the colours are gorgeous (with the perfect diamond dusting).
It is many many years since I went ice skating and I'm sorry to say that there is NO WAY you'd get me in ice skates again - I'm not what you might call a natural!
xxx
that is one seriously gorgeous layout Jan, might have to catch up on some of my scrapbooks too.
Super layout! I love everything about it!! your colours are fab and the pics really complete the pages. Lucky you skating in central London! what an experience! worth every bruise I'd say! I saw Vanilla Ice doing this routine last week, what a cool dude, perfect music and dance routine for him and his partner! Mx
ps did you get my mail about the matchbox swap, did I send it?? what did I do with it?? eek...?
WOW! Great work! Bravo! I love all details and ice especially! Thanks for playing with us at shabby.
Your page is fantastic Jan. I love the background paper you've used and all your embellishments are fabulous. Beautifully put together and your sepia coloured photos look wonderful! What a beautiful memory!
beautifulllllll!!
Love your shabby piece Jan. I would definitely be stumped and would struggle with images to use. Your creation is fabulous, love all the embellishments. Tracy x
Thank you for dropping by my blog & for your generous comments xx
Your page is divine. A work of art. I hope you are going to frame it & hang it on the wall.
It's far too many years since I last slipped on a pair of ice skates ... hope the bruises heal quickly.
Really lovely and sumptuous page inspired by THE Tower...
I got to visit there some years ago...enjoyed London SO very much. One day I would like to return to England and see the countryside...a girl can dream!
When I hear ice skating I always think of having a pillow strapped to my bottom...after my go at it way back when...that's the only way you'd get me out there again...I must have weak ankles.
Puts a big smile on my face to imagine you all having such a good time! I really like the LOOKS of ice skates and skating ;)
oxo
I just would not know where to start on this challenge. (I'd still be at the starters gate long after the event.) Love the layout that you have produced and doing the photos in sepia finish was a great idea.
I didn't know thats what they did with the moat at the Tower each year. Must look spectacular.
Thanks so much for your kind words on my tag book. Much appreciated as this was my 1st attempt at working with paper and not material.
Hugs Mrs A.
Post a Comment