Saturday, 26 November 2011

...a 'Shabby' Christmas

....for challenge #30 this month at
It’s a
A List Challenge
 At least 4 of the items on the provided list  must be noticable on your Christmas project.(OR any other big annual Family/Religious Celebration project)
(to see the full list and challenge criteria hop over to Let's Get Shabby )
Here is my DT example....
I decided to alter a 7gypsies tray
from this...
to this...
I've been saving lots of little unique and rare trinkets for ages now, most of which I have received from lovely arty crafty friends in swaps/gifts etc...
Now these little treasures have been waiting patiently for the 'right' craft project...I don't know about you, but I sometimes find it hard to part with some craft supplies!!
...but what better to put some of them together in an altered tray so that I can put them on display.
I've also added lots of...
shabby lace, vintage buttons, old music paper,vintage  images and cheesecloth to my project.
The items from The list that I have used are...
some angels...
a wreath....
 bells...


 a dove...
snowflakes..
 and a clock...

I had so much fun altering this
-oOo-
.....So  go checkout let’s Get Shabby for
Challenge #30
....and some fabby shabby inspiration!

for the full details/criteria on this challenge

There is also a fab prize from this months sponsor
 Carol at Tattered Inspirations (etsy)

Can't wait to see what you do with this challenge Thanks for stopping by!
 
Jan x

14 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow, wow and wow!! I could keep looking at this for ages, there's so much to see and enjoy.

xx

ps yes, I too find it soooooo difficult to use some particularly precious-to-me stash sometimes - daft, I know, 'cos it's what it was bought for!

Unknown said...

WOW!! I just love everything about this... So much shabby goodness..

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

I love what you did! And it seems to have a winter theme too .... I could look at it for hours .... There is so much detail there! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So many little treasures! I bet that was so fun to make. I have not made one myself yet but when I see them posted I want to try it. Fun, fun, fun!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Jan I've been waiting and watching for this since your visit! It was so worth waiting for. I love it! I spent time admiring each and every one of your embellishments and love the things you chose and the way that you used them. I really wish I could do pretty like you but whenever I try it goes horribly wrong and ends up looking twee. You've inspired me to keep trying tho. Funny how we all have our own styles isn't it? Jan, this really is a treasure trove. pen x

Sherry said...

Another WOW from me Jan! What a fantastic project which you've done beautifully of course. I love how all the colours blend together and all those precious little treasures look great - what a lovely way to frame them.

I like challenges where lists are involved, I must go and check it out, thanks for the links ... and inspiration!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow what a stunning creative piece Jan, I absolutely love it. I love the little rusty frame and all the lace, every little detail. Tracy x x

Jen xo said...

wow Jan, this is beautiful....im in love with the little wrapped baby tho...off to ctach up on the rest of your blog...

Jenny said...

Oh Jan... your altered tray is stunning... just love all the wonderful little vintage treasures and details... so gorgeous...

Jenny x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Oh wow! I will add this to my Pinterest board as it is such fantastic inspiration. Love it!

Martina said...

My goodness, that's so great, Jan! So beautiful and nostalgic, there is a lot to discover .....
Fantastic piece of art!

Margaret said...

oh my Jan, talk about excelling yourself!! I love how your tray came out, so much to look at, superb! I'm inspired to go back to the second hand shop and see if the one I saw is still there!! Mx

~*~Patty S said...

ooh la laa
what a treasure you have created dear Jan

your angel with the party hat on really put a smile on my face this morning

beautiful creativity always!
oxo

Analia Cristina said...

Hi,I love this work,is beautiful!!!