These are the goodies that my lovely friend Linda
sent to me to play with...
...an Altoid tin, beaded trim, a large piece of netting, silky cream ribbon and roses...
-oOo-
We both have the same 5 foundation items
(the roses count has 1 item)
(we were also allowed to add anything from our own stash, but the main 5 items had to be used)
-oOo-
and this is what Linda did with her Challenge....
How totally gorgeous is this !!
..and the inside is equally has stunning !
I adore the cute little quilt
and all the gorgeous embellies !!
(Oh, I do LOVE a sewing theme !!)
And we mustn't forget the back...
Thank you so much for everything Linda
you did a fabulous job with the tin...
and all of the other wonderful goodies that you sent to me..
-oOo-
Now, I guess you are wondering I did with the tin?
as soon as I saw the netting I thought of....
Ballerina's Tutus
This is what I made for Linda....
The outside I have decorated with...
papers, Tim holtz tape, netting, Image (Landof Enchantment) ribbon roses, painted key, faux pearls, ticket, button and lace - distressed with inks and paints.
I pleated the cream ribbon to make a little curtain valance
the roses and the beaded trim (dissected !) were used to embellish inside the tin.
added some more faux pearls, ballerina images ( also from Landof Enchantment) a plaster frame
...and stuck in a little inspirational quote
..and I've added the netting to make the tutus on both outside and inside the tin.
I really enjoy these little swaps with my friend Linda
..and found it amazing how we have used the same items in totally different ways!
Thanks again linda for a fabby trade :)
-oOo-
Here are my 5 new items
( the buttons count as 1 item - Just incase you thought I couldn't count LOL !!)
for Linda for our next swap
-mini canvas, lace, buttons, tag and some vintage music paper.
-oOo-
Thanks for Looking!
Jan x










12 comments:
sooooo neat!
Both items are so gorgeous! You two are well matched to trade - you are both amazing artists!
What a fabulous swap!!! I love what you both created!!!
I have a tin I've been wanting to do something with. It's on my to-do list!!
xxoo
Gorgeous Jan...both of them! So inspiring! :)
Just beautiful Jan.. love the little pleats and the tutu.. what fun swaps you have.. love what Linda did with hers too..
xx
I love these altered tins you two seem to know just the right things to put together.
Both are so beautifully altered - a sewing and ballerina theme - no, I'm not jealous at all - LOL !!!
What a fun and challenging swap. Love the net tutus!
First of all no mentioned that cute bear.....I love him.
And wow what a great swap you and Linda are doing. Love the tins.
Thanks for sharing both your and Linda's art, you are both so inspiring Jan.
Love and hugs, Les xo
these are both lovely Jan, what great swaps you are having :)
Both of them are stunning, dear Jan! Beautiful artwork!
Have a nice weekend my friend.
Wishes
MARTINA
That is lovely !!!
The dress is great !
Love from the Netherlands ♥RINI♥
You ladies have created stunning pieces of art!! I was mesmerized by all of it!! Keep up the amazing creations!
xox
Karen
Post a Comment