Can you believe it ?
We are half way through this wonderful challenge !
and it's now ....
BROWN
week over at
Now, after last weeks big struggle with Yellow...
...this is a good week for me,
'cos I love creating with shades of 'Brown'
-oOo-
some Brown pages for my journal...
I've used, vintage music papers, paints, inks, Water-soluble wax pastels and pencils.
The Bonus Challenge is to incorporate a bold shot of colour into your work,
my girls lips are brighter pink in real life,
but the lighting here is sooo dark and dull at the mo !!
I just couldn't capture the true colouring.
You wouldn't believe we were in the middle of Summer here !
I just couldn't capture the true colouring.
You wouldn't believe we were in the middle of Summer here !
-oOo-
...and it was also my lovely S-I-L's birthday last week,
so this challenge inspired me to make her birthday card with 'browns'
-oOo-
I am really enjoying this colour journey, so much beautiful colour inspiration out there in Blogland!
THANK YOU again Kristin for the challenge
....and to all my lovely commenters
your kind words are so encouraging :)
-oOo-
...and next weeks colour is RED
THANK YOU again Kristin for the challenge
....and to all my lovely commenters
your kind words are so encouraging :)
-oOo-
...and next weeks colour is RED
-oOo-
Thanks for Looking !
Jan x
'I look into your great brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!'
Josiah G










33 comments:
loving your journal pages....andthat card is so beautiful...really enjoyed looking at your work...xxx
What a gorgeous face! You did a great job on this color. :)
Great journal pages and such a pretty face. Gorgeous card too!
x
Both the journal page and card are beautiful! All of the differerent elements of the card came together so perfectly. Great work!!
Jan, your journal pages are beautiful! and the birthday card is elegant with all the rich brown shades!
have a great week :))
♥♥♥ I love browns and PINK! Just beautiful!!!
xxoo
Beautiful work, Jan!
Jan, is there such a thing as 'card envy'? If so, I have it!! Love, love, love the birthday card! Your journal page isn't bad either - LOL. It's brilliant x
Your quote is just right to go with those dreamy eyes and I really love the card, who ever thought a brown card could look so great!
Brilliant journal pages - that's such a fab background and her face is beautiful (and YES, her lips look bold enough to me!). I adore the honeyed tones you've achieved, and the shading too. Just gorgeous. Sweet quote, perfect for your girl.
Lucky S-I-L, that card is stunning. Love that butterfly.
xx
Got your email, I'll get back to you soon.
they are are both wonderful!
I'm a little partial to brown eyes, that's my eye color too!
I think her lips are wonderful!
Beautiful face and great journal pages, love your card as well. Annette x
Gorgeous & double gorgeous!
Wonderful browns and the pop of pinkish red for the lips is perfect.
So much loveliness here!!! Your journal page is just beautiful - I love all the texture and rings and your portrait is beautiful - with FAB lips. She is just perfect. AND your card is elegant and so pretty. Thank you for everything, xo
beautiful,, just beautiful,,her lips just pop.
OMGoodness Smifferoo. Wowswers. I love your journal pages. Each face gets better and better.
Your card is lovely in those colours too. I am sure SIL will treasure it. Your work always stuns me.
Les xo
She's gorgeous! The shades of browns you used are so lovely :)
xo
Joanna
Beautiful art journal spread! Your girlie is fab with her rasberry lips... The card you made is gorgeous, and I love the quote as well. Great post!
Hugs, Jessi xox
Awesome, awesome, awesome Jan... love your gorgeous journal spread... such a pretty and sweet little face... and your card is beautiful... love it...
Jenny x
Your journal pages are fabulous! Beautiful girl! (I am super bad at drawing - so I won't even try something like that!..lol..)
And your card! Oooh - LOVE it! :-)
Jan, it is gorgeous art journal page created by you...I like her expression, her eyes are fabulous and the red lips too...it pop for sure...the card is also very feminine, your sister must be very happy to receive that...I want to see you next red creation..xxx
I wondered how you would make brown look nice...well no surprise you did so splendidly dear Jan
Love what you created!
oxo
I really enjoyed your journal pages and your card. I love working in neutrals too.
I adore your journal pages! and the card is also very nice!
Beautiful journal page! Brown eyes..love the poetry shared.
Love your journal pages and that card too you make so many beautiful things.
I'm loving your colour entries and I think this one is really clever as it feels a challenge and you have interpreted it superbly! Thank you for your comment on my post for sunday stamper, I took your advice and more buttons is the answer!
Stunning! Tee
Wow Jan.. this is gorgeous.. each of your ladies gets more lovely.. love the color of her lips.. really pops.. and I am sure your SIL will adore that card.. it is so lovely..
xx
aww great pages and faces Jan, you must love doing these :)
These are so amazing.. I love your journal pages..
OOHHH so nice,I love your work.Beautiful browns.
Post a Comment